Sunday, January 14, 2018

Ingham Lake (Again) 6.23.17

This is the story about why I hate walk-in only campgrounds.

There is an absolutely beautiful, new campground located at Lost Island Lake in Palo Alto County, Iowa. The sites have all been redone to have water and electric, there are clean, shiny showers and flushing toilets, and a new playground too. But you can't reserve a spot ahead of time. It's first come, first served, and I hate it.

I mean, I take the time to get my camper ready to go, hook up and haul it, only to discover that the campground 20 miles away is FULL? No thanks.

As you can guess, we tried to camp at Huston Park Campground, but were unable to get in. Instead, we drove to our backup location next to Dad's cabin on Ingham Lake. At least it was free!


Looks familiar, huh? That's OK. This is such a lovely spot, and there are no other campers close by! We even used the firepit put out Fred and Lucy.


We made the mistake of having Fred and Lucy face us, and you know what? They kinda intimidated me...


It's like they were plotting something, and it was going to be


Haha. I entertain easily. So, we sat outside and enjoyed some cool weather, especially considering it was June! What the heck is going on with that?  We also were visited by the neighborhood cat, Earl. He's super friendly, goes in and out of a few different houses in the subdivision, is fed about 8 different places, and snuggles any opportunity he gets.


Earl chose my lap for his snuggle spot and stayed quite a while. I even managed a selfie with him, and it is honestly one of the proudest moments in my life. If you've ever tried to take a picture of a cat, you'll know they rarely cooperate. I captured THIS masterpiece:


Bwhahahahaha! I'm still laughing! It's almost like he looked into the camera and expressed his haughty opinion of any selfie, let alone one with bunny ears...

Ended the night with a colorful sunset over the lake.



Saturday, we woke up to a lovely view, which reminds us why we camp!


I love the big windows in the T@b that let us see these amazing views of nature.

Next, we visited Little Swan Lake Winery (again) because we love it, the people, and the wine!
And because they get me:


Back at the campsite, we had a relaxing afternoon and evening, and enjoyed seeing the T@b all decorated.



Even though we didn't get to experience a new campground and area, we managed to enjoy the weekend. The key to a good camping outing is to relax, go with the flow, and appreciate the here and now.

Happy camping!

No comments:

Post a Comment