Saturday, February 17, 2018

Twin Owls & Family History 7.06.17

Thursday night, after a fun-filled day, we all went for drinks on the porch of the Stanley Hotel, then dinner at Twin Owls Steakhouse, site of Andy's and my wedding as well as my parents' wedding. What a cool thing to share with our friends. I want you all to notice how nice we all look. Campers getting fancy, right here!


First stop, the Stanley Hotel. This is truly an interesting place, (Kathy and I already visited this trip!) and the architecture, history, and ghost stories are fascinating. Our whole purpose in coming was to get drinks at the bar and enjoy them on the porch to take in the amazing views.


All lined up at the bar, going over the menu choices and getting recommendations from the bartender. I chose chardonnay, but I've also had the world's most amazing Moscow Mules here, and would highly recommend.


I love the mirrors on the back of the bar, reflecting the beautiful decor. Style done right!

Out to the porch we go...


Kathy and Jeff, kicking back and relaxing. I've done this "drink on the porch" thing here a handful of times, and I've always been able to get a seat, no problem. This particular evening, hardly anyone else was there. Fine by us!


Andy and I standing on the porch and capturing us with the pretty view behind us. If you look in the background, you'll see their hedge maze. Kinda fun.


I like to take pics of the reflections in my wine glass. This one has the mountain upside down!

After we sipped and sat, we left for Twin Owls Steakhouse at the Black Canyon Inn.


The restaurant (and surrounding cabins) have that perfect Colorado charm! Log sided, rustic, open, warm, and beautiful. We took some time showing Jeff and Kathy the wedding spot and reenacted some photos from our wedding. We were surprised by the many changes!


Standing in the general area where we officially were married. The area where are wedding was held is now a reception area.


Still funny after 15 years! So strong!


Lots of good scenery for photo backdrops.


In the background, above my head, you'll see the twin owls in the rock outcroppings.


This gorgeous cabin is at the site of the reception hall where we had our reception. It was torn down a few years ago and replaced with the cabin. We were sad!

Inside the restaurant, we had a table upstairs. Upstairs is where I waited til wedding time!


We enjoyed a seriously great meal. Appetizers, wine, dinner, and even dessert were ordered! We were there a couple of hours, just chatting and sharing, reminiscing about our wedding, and also my parents' 50th anniversary celebration held in this same room in 2015. Such amazing memories here, and it truly has a special place in my heart. I can't wait to go back again.

Happy camping!
Peggy

2 comments:

  1. This is awesome. What great memories you have and can share with your parents. Love it! Andy is very strong!

    ReplyDelete