Friday, December 15, 2017

Dolliver State Park 09.30.16

Yikes. I didn't expect it, but this is turning out to be a rather emotional post for me. I'm finding it difficult to focus on the events we experienced with camping this trip, as a life changing event took place in my world outside of camping.

My mom, Jan, had been quite sick for a long time, and while we were here, we got the news that she only had a few days left to live. After talking to my siblings late Saturday night, we hustled out of camp to get to Rochester to spend as much time as we could with Mom. She died two days later.

So, due to grief smacking me in the gut, I think I'll just post a few pics to show you where we were, who we were with, doggos that came along... It's good for me to remember too. 💖


Tiny Trailerville with Jeff and Kathy and their Scamp!


Andy and our flamingos, Fred and Lucy.



The Des Moines River, just steps from the campground.

TY!

PORTER!

Kathy and me in our matching tshirts walking Ty and Porter!

Not even sorry for the short post. I will say that I'd like to go back and do a little more exploring and have an experience just about camping. Hugs!

Happy Camping!
Peggy

No comments:

Post a Comment