Tuesday, August 2, 2016

T@B Tour

As promised, today I'm sharing with you the features and layout of this awesome camper, "The B@R T@B!"

Let's start with the model we chose, the CS-S. This stands for "Clam Shell-Shower," meaning the back opens up like a clam shell, and the interior has a wetbath. Yes. All of that fits in this little gizmo!

Here's a pretty pic I took when we first arrived at the dealer:


How cute is this?! The trailer length, from front to back, is right at 15 feet, so I believe the actual unit is 12 feet long, and just about 6 feet wide. Talk about a tiny house, huh?

As I mentioned before, this is the clam shell model, so the kitchen is in the back, and the back opens up, much like the hatchback of a car to reveal this:


OK, my decorating elves had already gotten to the kitchen by the time I took a pic, but there is a sink, stove, mini fridge, TV, external speakers, cabinets and drawer, all ready to go when we arrive at our camping spot. Little to no setup required. Here's a second view, to help put it all together:


Now let's get to the inside. As I said above, this model has a shower/wetbath. It's not luxury by any means, but it does the job required! Take a look:


Somewhat tiny, eh? It's big enough to have its own window though! ;) Here's a different angle, showing the wee little sink you see most of above:


You see? A mirror, shower, sink...everything I need to get clean! Now, unfortunately, this is not a "tall" area in the camper. I uh...have to sit down to shower, but it does work, even if it's a little weird to get used to!

The T@B also has 3 benches for sitting, and a small adjustable/removable table and mount. The table removes, and two of the benches fold down to create a bed that's slightly wider than a full, and not quite as big as a queen. We chose an upgrade for our fabric and went with the Outback model's gray interior. We thought it was a lovely color (totally matched my yellow/gray color scheme!) and was not as offensive as the stock geometric pattern choices. (Probably important to note that without my dealer's input, I wouldn't have known I had the option for upgrades like this one. If you're looking at ordering one, make sure to ask what might be available to fit your needs and taste.)


(We'll talk about the cabinets later.) These are actually very comfortable to sit in, and when folded down as a bed, comfy to sleep on! 



The only drawbacks we see so far is that it is only 70 inches long, so tall people may not find it too comfortable, and one person is on the inside, meaning if they want to get up, they have to crawl over the person sleeping on the outside. We do OK. I'm 5'8", and Andy is 6', so we sleep a little at an angle to give him a little more room, and it's working well. 

We're not done yet! This particular model also has a bench with storage at the front of the camper!


Please ignore the messy stuff sitting there. This is great for additional storage and seating, especially if you have any visitors that want to peek in and take look. There is room for 4 people to sit comfortably, and maybe 5 people who know and like each other, and possibly 6 people who were really, really, REALLY good friends. :)

I hope I've done justice to give you a clear view of what it looks like. For my next post, I'll open up all the doors and drawers and show you how I used them. I'm pretty amazed that with a little organization and planning, you really can fit an awful lot of good stuff in here!

Happy Camping!
Peggy








4 comments: